[VAC] Vinagette info req: H20tank wiring

Hey y'all...I was getting down and dirty with my water tank this evening
...removing it and all, when I encountered the level sensor wires
and found what looks like some kind of blue splicy things...so I can't
jerk this thing out...do these splicy things come apart....do I cut the
wires at some point?  Does the sensor thing come unscrewed from the tank?
How can I wrench this wretched thing free?
                             Well Connnected in Michigan,
                                    Annie