Re: [VAC] Short in Right Turn Signal Line ('67 Caravel)

Dave,
 My trailer has a small piece of aluminum screwed onto the bellypan,
quite near the step box. It's an obviously hand-cut scab over an equally
obviously hand-cut hole in the bellypan. Upon removing it, I found the
end of the 7-conductor cable and a bunch of wirenuts where it attaches
to the trailer wiring. My rework consisted of installing an LB fitting
and a piece of 3/4" EMT between it and the front of the trailer body,
through which I threaded the cable. It isn't quite as clean as the stock
setup, but there's no chance of its bringing water into the 'A' frame,
and it's much easier to replace the cable.

                                    Jim