Re: [VAC] Short in Right Turn Signal Line ('67 Caravel)

Greetings Dave!

I had a similar problem with my '95 Chevrolet Pickup/'64 Overlander
combination several years ago.  The Chevrolet dealer naturally blamed the
30+ year old trailer, and even went so far as to threaten to have my
warranty voided if I continued to tow the trailer with the truck.  After
having the trailer 7-wire harness replaced back to the junction box, I was
certain it wasn't the trailer - - but it would short the same fuse as well
as the anti lock brake module on the truck each time I towed it.  Finally
took the entire rig to my friendly Airstream dealer who found the trouble -
- my Chevrolet dealer had installed a cut-rate connector on the truck that
was arcing then shorting out due to road vibrations while towing - - it was
usually brought about by simultaneously experiencing rough roads and either
applying the brakes or turn indicators.  New name brand connector solved the
problem permanently.

Good luck in finding the culprit of your problem!!

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban