RE: [VAC] Buying a new (old) Airstream

One idea for the floor at the entry: This has been a problem with each
Airstream I have had (3 1961's).  The leak does come in around the door seal
and gets the plywood wet.  On our current one I cut out the delaminated
plys, then glued in a patch of that thickness from frame cross member to
cross member.  Our door opens right between the frames, so the first step
inside put your full weight on the unsupported floor just where it tended to
get wet and delaminate.  Then I went to a metal shop and had a steel plate
cut the width of the frames and bent to a little 90 degree lip at the edge
and wedged it between the frame and floor with the little lip upwards.  Now
you step onto the trailer onto plywood supported by a steel plate and the
floor is solid as can be.