RE: [VAC] Battery venting

Charles:  Yes, I put in four Sears Die Hard Deep Cycle batteries when I put
four solar panel on roof of my 30' Argosy ('78). Actually at the time I
didn't have a lot of selection of deep cycle batteries available as opposed
to now. Solar panels were used   and I think they only rated at 3 amps
each.  My son was at a solar research center at the time so I left the
techinical stuff up to him.  Believe they were made by Motorola.  I used a
inverter for awhile but had trouble burning out switches when I was hooked
up to ground power - brown outs and power surges plus we weren't doing much
boondocking anymore so I have it sitting the the garage.  Never did run out
of power with the set up I had.