Re: [VAC] GlobeTrotter for Sale

Bill,
 Thank you very much.

The SOB that I bought was the Avion that I mentioned a couple of weeks
ago. It's a 1973, and I think was built before Fleetwood bought the
company. It's my understanding that Fleetwood didn't do any good for the
Avion product, but the 'pre-Fleetwood' units are supposed to be pretty
good. (Phred Tinseth even mentions them as a good trailer).

It's very clean, seems to be well-constructed, and everything pretty
much worked right off the bat. The wires were broken on one brake
magnet, and there's other nickle and dime things, but it's pretty decent
overall. I do believe that I'm going to rip out the front couch and
build a 4-seater dinette. After using the one in our A/S, I think we're
going to miss it a lot; the Avion frankly doesn't seem as "liveable" as
the A/S, especially for more than 2 people. When we were at the rally in
PA, we had another couple in for supper and conversation on 2
occassions, and managed quite nicely. We'll need a couple of chairs to
do the same in the Avion. I also need to change all the lights to
flourescents like I did in the A/S, the existing ones are really power
hungry! (and we camp w/o electricity fairly often)

I don't know that I'll be leaving the Vintage List right away, I enjoy
the company. Will promise to not mention what brand of TT I own.
[grin]

                                           Jim