Re: [VAC] Access to Water Heater compartment via furnace?

Ahh, the fun of it now that I have some time...

The mysterious AC line to my '67 Caravel water heater: not mysterious at all!
By peeking w/flashlight into ALL crevices among the appliances, this is merely
the AC line coming into and above the sink area.  (but where it seems to run
into the water heater makes it seem to be dead-ending).
Now the next problem: where to run an AC line into the outside water heater
compartment.
Now all my appliances are still oeq, so ALL the appliance compartments have
never been opened.

It looks as if the furnace compartment offers the easiest(!) access to the
outside water heater.  This compartment is immediatlely next to the water
heater, to the front of it.  The outside stack is right there (original seal).
How much trouble am I risking attempting to remove that outer stack?
If I do manage to get it off, what have I got?... just a tight heater exhaust
pipe with still no access to that compartment?

Otherwise I can see tapping a hole in the counter next to the fridge chimney
bulge, running a line from there behind stove, should be easy to get into the
closet above the water heater.  But that compartment around the water heater is
certainly tight and looks well-sealed.

Huff