Re: [VAC] 2 weeks from P-Day

Vanessa
There is no majic products that will give your trailer a mirror finish other
than a lot of hard work. Aircraft stripper will do nothing other than remove
the clear coat, as will a lot of other strippers(bix) is one the difference
between aircraft stripper and a lot of others is that aircraft stripper will
not harm the aluminum. Aluminum is a very active metal and a lot of chemical
will etch it. On wood products I used to use a strong sulition of tri sodium
phosphate to remove the remover (as a washdown)fowled with a rinse of clear
water.this solution would etch the hell out of the airstream.
when I stripped my trailer I used "Bix" remover with awash down a strong
solution of"WISK" 1 cup to a gal of water. Used old towels to wash down . It
is important to GIVE THE REMOVER TIME TO WORK .
Also it is best if you do not apply remover in the direct sunlight or the
heat of the day as heat will cause the remover to evrapate before it has time
to work
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(THe SIlver Albatross) 1992 Dodge Diesel