Re: [VAC] Re: A.C. Water Heaters

    I, of course, deleted the well thought out post re: why/why-not add
A.C. to a water heater.  You mentioned "my honey" and that is a large part
of my equation equalling a positive answer for adding A.C.  Years ago after
tent camping in Yellowstone in a campground with no hot water, my wife
announced she was through with camping.  If we were going to stay in an
area with a facility, it should at least have hot water available for a
coin -- as it is/was in Europe.
    Now I heard her and she surprised me by suggesting we get a small
trailer.  She loves the AStream and boondockding in it.  But I still work
(a day a week -- what a bother! [I'm serious]) -- that adds a time demand
which means we often drive later and KOA's sure look good at 8 PM.  I used
a couple on my Missoula trip besides that where I stayed for a week.  Sure,
spendy compared to minimum facility (or just cheaper), but I had a time
schedule.  Now when I get a chance at weeks at a time w/o a schedule, let
me at the boondocking... why on earth would I want A.C. then?!
    There is another pro for A.C. on the oeq Bowen/Atwood water heater:
A.C. use should extend the life of that old heater a bit.  The con: what
will the A.C. do to the old wiring on the Caravel?
    I'm not burning to install that A.C. heater... I've been considering
this for a year.  But when the old water heater pilot failed once again in
Missoula -- where I could have just plugged in A.C. for the week -- hey,
that's when I decided to get wired.
Huff