[VAC] P-Trap Plugs

Ever wonder what those little levers were on the bottom of the P-traps
under the sinks and shower drains?  For those of you that don't remove
them each year during winterization, they are expanding "deck plugs",
usually used in boats to drain water from compartments.  RV's use(d)
them get the water out so they wouldn't freeze .  Most people we know
don't remove them - they figure that the water will evaporate by hard
feeze time anyway.

Anyway, the point I'm getting to is that the previous owner probably
rarely removed his, and during the restoration of the Caravel I removed
them - with  a great deal of difficulty.  Check this out:

http://members.home.net/dial/deckplug.jpg

Gross looking thing, huh?  We replaced them with new ones ($6 ea. at
boat & marine stores), and the drains flow 3 times as fast now.  The A/S
uses 2 sizes that I know of, 1" under sink, and 7/8" under the lav and
shower stall.

More restoration updates to follow...

RJ & Krista
'65 Caravel