Re: [VAC] Power Conveter

Al,
  Didn't see any earlier posts, so I've no idea if you have a baterry
charger in line or not.

Sounds as though you have a converter though, which accounts for your battery
out of the loop and still having dc...on this 1st symptom or test, are you
saying you have nothing ACROSS the battery terminals?

MOST of the time with a bad battery there will still be VOLTAGE, but the
current is almost nil so it can't "drive" anything (look at voltage being the
highway, current being the movement on the highway...rough analogy, but it
works). The resistance of the wiring could be enough to keep ANYTHING from
being registered at the outlets if the battery is dead enough.

Even with a good battery, nice "green" connections (or, in the case I had with
an old hotrod several years ago, enough "green" running up the battery cables
{or into the input line for the outlets} that nearly nothing will flow. The
hotrods battery cables looked fine and coppery, but when I had nearly all my
hair pulled out I though to look at the cable under the plastic sleeving, right
at the terminal connector...you guessed it, as green and corroded as it could
be. Two battery cables later and I heard the rumble of a '60s V8.

I'm betting you have an opening in your DC circuit, probably on the Negative
side, since it is always the first one to corrode.

I've gotton rid of most of my issues like this by putting sacrificial annodes
on my vehicles and trailers.

Ralph