[VAC] Park model?

Hi,

I’ve been receiving the VAC emails for a while, but have not yet bought an
Airstream.  I’ve been offered a nice mid-fifties Airstream that I think is a
park model.  I believe that it has no holding tanks and all 110v circuits.
Really, this does not bother me, as I would probably want mostly to use it
as an office in the backyard, anyway.  I may take it on occasional
vacations, but if so, I would likely only go to places with full hookups.

But the problem is that the toilet is missing, as is much of the plumbing.
I’m wondering if anyone knows if these park model units used standard
residential toilets, or did they use something like a thetford unit?  The
advice I’ve heard here and elsewhere is to empty the tanks only when they’re
mostly full.  What if you don’t have tanks?  Wouldn’t the higher water
volume in a residential toilet be an advantage here?

Finally, will I have trouble getting into rv parks with a park model?  Will
they only want rigs with holding tanks?  If they let me in, will I encounter
any problems with hooking up?

Thank you for any advice.

Steve Uberto