[VAC]Help!

Kathy,

you wrote:  "I am trying to remove the old carpet that was in my Bambi."

Here's my input into the topic, hope it helps.... I just removed the
glue from my 73 today and replaced the carpeting. When I attemted to
sand the glue, the glue heated and revived itself only to become more
difficult to remove (and clogs the sander)

Finally, I used my trusty house scraper.  It's just a scraper that has a
12" handle, and allows you to apply alot of downward pressure while you
pull it towards you.  It removed the glue quickly, and I had a pile of
dust left to vac afterwards.

If your're planning to use vinyl as I did, this is important to make the
surface as smooth as possible.  The better vinyl you buy, the thicker
and more hiding the  vinyl becomes.  You'll never see the old glue after
you apply the new flooring.  As for carpeting,  (which I did in the back
half), I scraped quickly to remove any hi-spots, and then laid the new
rug.  Works fine, looks professional.

Take a moment to countersink any screws or nails, and fill any holes,
divets or screw heads to make the surface smooth prior to gluing.

Good Luck

Chris Thompson
73 Sovereign 31'
77 Overlander 27'