[VAC] yucky water

Thought we were all done with the water system, yet when we flushed out
the tank for what we thought was the last time before chlorinating the
system, out came some small brown slime from the drain.

Not liking that, we removed the tank from under the from sofa, and found
it to be coated internally with what appeared to be a brown algae.
Further probing found small amounts of the stuff growing in the water
lines & pump, too.  Needless to say we've spent 2 weeks scrubbing every
internal inch of the system, including the pipes - required disassembly
of all the lines & fixtures and plumber snakes.

What could have caused it?  The prior owner used the trailer every year,
including 1999.   RV anti-freeze was added last October before it was
drained.

When we first put water in the system last month, the water was very
fizzy and effervescent from the faucets.  Other than that, it was clear
and no sign of the internal gremlins at work.

We've never seen anything like it in all our years camping.

RJ & Krista
'65 Caravel - post enema...