[VAC] Hello and a couple of Questions

Hi,

I just signed on to vintage airstream as I am interested in purchasing a
small  Airstream and taking it on the road in summer.  I've been facinated
with the Airstream travel trailers since I was a boy.  We would see them
roll in for the weekend at the lake we stayed at and then take off a week
later.  Never forgot the cool look.

I am currently trying to get my wife and 6 year old wound up on the thought
of a small vintage airstream.

On the Home page of the Vintage Airstream web site as well as in the 1984
book AIRSTREAM, there is a picture a red Chevy Nova and a small airstream
trailer sitting in front of Mount Rushmore.  Is that trailer a 16' Bambi?

What sizes did the Bambi's come in over the years?  I believe there were
three or four sizes.  I know there were other smaller 17' trailers like the
17' Caravelle but I haven't been able to find much information like floor
plans, weight, etc... Same for the 19 footers. Are there any web sites with
floor plans and pictures of the older 17' or 19 footers?

I am thinking that a 16' or 17' could be towed with a Jeep Cherokee
automatic with 4.2 liter motor.  Wonder if the 19' can.

Are there any Airstream clubs in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area?

I have the latest book about Airstreams History of the Land Yacht, and my
copy of the the 1984 AIRSTREAM just arrived yesturday.  I sure enjoy reading
about vintage airstreams!

By the way, the Vintage Airstream website is really good!

Thanks and please excuse all the questions,

Scott in Saint Paul Minn
Hamradio WA9WFA