Re: [VAC] Hubcaps and Lug bolts

 Current standard is to produce L-threaded nuts and bolts with notches in
the lands of the head--if cut deeper they'd form a groove all around the
middle of the head. They're used for safety reasons--helps reduce the
chance of a wheel rotating in that direction working loose, prevents
hooking the oxygen tank to the acetylene regulator, etc. Also found on
common propane tanks and at least some European cars like older Alfa
Romeos. Didn't realize they were ever used on American cars--and now I
can't remember what's on our '73 AS--guess I'll have to run outside and
check!

Rob