Re: [VAC] Outrigger, '66 Sovereign

Nick,

Yes perhaps the trailer is separating from the frame. BUT MOST LIKELY this
is just from age and use. These are trailers, they are on frames. Frames
flex. The skin expands and contracts and rubs against whatever it touches.
If the outriggers touch against the skin, they are going to eventually wear
through it, and product these slits that you have discovered. I have one of
these slits on my 60 Overlander. Since I live in the rust belt (and the
trailer has always resided in it) I was worried about the condition of my
frame. I dropped the belly pan to do an inspection. The frame was clean as a
whistle. I have no reason to believe that any body separation is occurring
and also believe that this would be an extremely rare thing if it were to
happen. I do not worry about the slit, and I do not think that you need to
either.

Scott