[VAC] First AS

Been lurking for a week or so and thought that I might take the opportunity
to introduce while the traffic is down, (hope I'm not spreading KAK...though
my virus program can't find it...)

My family purchased a 75 31" International this past week.  After a shaky
start that included dragging the AS for 20 feet due to a faulty connection,
we proudly towed our new baby home.  I was rather worried about all the
white knuckle highway experiences so often reported on the internet,  but
the Reece Hitch set-up performed very well, (tow vehicle is a 87 Suburban
w/towing package and only 3.42 gears).

This weekend we decided on a trail run in the driveway, (wouldn't want to
find a problem hours away from home...).  Turned out to be a great night to
try things out since we had a freak snow in central Illinois.  BTW the
heater works great.  We only had a few problems that perhaps you could help
first timers with...

The water heater pilot would not remain lit.

The fridge would not run on electricity, (does fine on gas though...)

When I first hooked up the water supply, the kitchen faucet ran fine...when
I moved the handle to the hot water side to make sure the water heater was
filled, the faucet dropped to a trickle, (all other water connections work
fine).

I have really enjoyed the posts thus far...great list.

Timothy A. Hess
Director of Instrumental Music
Paxton-Buckley-Loda High School
trumpeter@illicom.net