Re: [VAC] Univolt converter

Tom,
 You essentially 'run off the battery' at all times, the UniVolt is just
a big charger. There's no schematic needed for the old standbys, they're
just a ferro-resonant transformer setup with a few big caps and a
full-wave (2 diodes) rectifier. Simple, cheap, and it mostly works OK.
However, they're about as sophisticated as a stone axe. :-(

One popular solution is a StatPower charger. They have refurbs on their
Web site (http://www.statpower.com) for under $200.00 and look to me to
be the Hot Setup. I have one, but don't yet have it installed in my A/S.
The UniVolt died at the end of last Summer, and I'm tired of the damned
humming sound. Not in my stereo, we don't have one, just in the TRAILER.

                                                 <<Jim>>