Re: [VAC] Another question

Hi Tom,
    I also have the SS and I love it! What you need is a Thetford(on the
Airstream) to Valterra adapter (goes to the SS) the Thetford has the square
lugs, the Valterra has round lugs, AND the bore is different. If you have
trouble finding one I can get one from a local dealer and ship it to you.
Regarding the "cascade/geyser effect" when back flushing, the SS was built
for "modern"trailers which have, GASP! gray water tanks with shutoff valves
for same. We of the more primitive persuasion (neither tank nor valve) have
to rely on ingenuity. I use an expansion type plug in the tub, batten down
the screw in baskets in the kitchen and use a rubber plug in the lavatory
sink. I do this since I lernt the hard way! Another tip when back flushing,
watch the sight glass window and throw 'er to dump as soon as the window
gets full. Any other questions contact me off list.
                                                            Walt Sandy
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC
1970 27' Overlander