Re: [VAC] How level is level?

Tim Killian,

I still have my original frig in the '61 Bambi.  I am a real freak about
being level and have never had a problem with the frig in any of my past 7
A/S over a period of 23 years.  I suggest  you find an article about how
they work.  The damage is cumulative and when you find it it is too late. I
always carry some 2 inch blocking boards with me.  It's not much trouble to
toss one  under a wheel.  The biggest problem is remembering to pick it up.
Gene has a "99 Safari and if it is too off level the refrig won't run on gas
which is a real good warning that if you heat the element with electric it
will not be good. No matter what voltage you are on the mechanisms still
operate with heat.

Kathy