Re: [VAC] Bambi Refrigerator

Finished the new installation, will get some picture links posted soon.
 Looks/works really good. It took a lot longer than I thought, about 30
hours all told.
All I can say is:

1) the Dometic RM2333 may look like it fits on paper, but it is a
different shape and mounts different  than the M16 and really doesn't
fit in a Caravel/Bambi/Globetrotter with the fridge just aft of the
door.  I really had to get creative with the cabinetry because of the
wheelwell, and

2) they don't make good plywood like they did back in the 60's.  Even at
my specialty wood store, the mahogany just wasn't the same quality as
Wally used.  I ended up really having to hi-grade the stacks to find
anything as good looking.

Save all the cabinets you remove to salvage and reuse, because there
isn't a good replacement for the wood.

RJ
'65 Caravel