[VAC] Hello from Iowa

Hello Vintage Airstreamers!

  Anyone out there from Iowa????  I'm writing to see if anyone has replaced
frozen/split copper water pipes on a 1975 Airstream?  We just purchased this
sweet trailer last fall and were assured the pipes were winterized and we
did not use the water system.  This spring while filling the water
system we
discovered several of the copper pipes have split.  Spent all day replacing
7' sections of copper hot&cold pipes behind the center bed but found more
leaks farther down --somewhere in the bathroom area.  We're wondering how
huge of a job is it to tear apart the Airstream to find these pipes?
Looking for someone who has actually done this work themselves-----also am
wondering, did you replace the copper with copper or did you switch to the
plastic tubing?

    Thanks for words of wisdom

            Sincerely
                Casey