Re: Merry RE: Re: [VAC] Lexan Window Rock Guard

Merry et.al.

I think you might want to try the torch trick on a piece of scrap before
you start on the "big picture window".  If I were to have such a project
I would use a heat gun (sort of an industrial strength hair dryer).  I
have a Milwaukee with adjustable temperature that I've used on plastic
that is a lot less apt to scorch than a torch. Start cool and warm up
slowly.  I think it was about a hundred bucks (kit). Should be available
from any tool supply place.  Check also Graingers catalog on line, they
have a selection on pages 1705 and 1706.

 http://www.grainger.com

Matt