[VAC] Logistics of hull refinishing

I am following the advice of many friends on this list and using Bix
(regular) to strip the (not so) clear coat from my 66 Safari.  I tested on
the door and one corner panel that was most corroded.  The stuff works
great!  The only customizing of the process that I made was to apply with a
paint brush, which works well, in that I can control where the chemical is
placed.  It takes about three coats to get all the clear coat off.  I use a
slightly abrasive synthetic sponge to cut through problem areas and then
rinse with water per directions.

At last the process seems doable :)  My logistical question is "How do you
get high without damaging the top of the trailer.  I rented a ladder and
tommorrow am planning to span from this ladder to the flatest part of the
roof with a 2" x 12".  I plan to put a furniture pad under the point where
the board rests on the roof.  Anybody have an opinion or reaction to this
idea?

Bob Kiger aka Cruiser Bob
278 Idaho St. #10
Ashland, Oregon  97520