Re: [VAC] 1950's Veritas gas lamps made in England

Fred, Ray,
A little information, but not much.
A couple of phone calls elicited the news that Veritas is likely no longer
around, but I shall investigate further anyway.

The gas lamps in my Willerby Vogue  caravan, a photo (85K)of which can be
attached if anyone's interested (14' body length, egg shaped, fibreglass,
incredibly rotten pre-restoration example), sorry, don't have a digital
camera yet, used all the money to pay for the old caravan sickness so I
can't show the actual gas lamp, but I digress, are made by Veritas.
I have just joined the Historic Caravan Club over here, and will be looking
for a source of parts etc. There is a car/caravan meeting at the end of may
with a good autojumble, so I can look out for bits, and if either of you
can  email me pics of your light fittings, that will be a help.
At the moment I will have to hang onto mine as they're the only complete
fixture in the entire caravan, but if they do become available, I'll let
you know; meanwhile you have the knowledge that your emissary in the UK
will be working diligently and tirelessly on your behalf to find the parts
you require (c;

cheers chaps,
Marie