Re: [VAC] 1950's Veritas gas lamps made in England

Ray:

  I learned the identity of my Veritas gas lamp from the name stamped into
the side of the 3/4 inch high bright (chrome plated, stainless?) vented
holder for the glass globe.  The gas lamps in my 56 22' Flying Cloud also
have on-off turn cocks near the lamp base that mounted vertically on the
wall.  The ceramic flue to which the mantel attaches is 2-3/8 inches long and
mounts vertically downward from the gas tube after it has made a 90 degree
bend.

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO.