Re: [VAC] Spins on Finishing

Yes Cruiser Bob,.........you have missed the boat, and you are
dangerously close to the third rail.

The clear coat, does not oxidize. The clear coat breaks down , falls
off, then oxygen starts making the aluminum oxidize.  The clear coat
must come off.  The idea of the plasticote is to seal the aluminum from
oxygen.  UV rays from the sun, break down the plasticote, until it chips
and sluffs off.
There are NOT two schools of thought!! period.  If you have plasticote,
ie clear coat, ie, a clear acrylic finish, sprayed over the Aluminum, it
Must be removed before you start to polish.   There is only one
EFFECTIVE WAY to remove the plasticote,................. use a paint
stripper, paint it on, or spray it on, let it soften or dissolve the
plasticote, then wash it off, then , and ONLY then, can you begin to
polish.   I seem to be having great difficulty making you understand
this point.  Now then, you can , of course, try to polish the clear coat
off with your school of thought #2, but it won't do anything.  Maybe you
should go ahead and try your thought #2.  Sometimes, stubborn people
learn only by doing.  Karnak is sitting in the sunlight, having a cup of
coffee, and laughing his head off.  I guess he understands you are just
pulling my leg.  BAhahahahahahahahaha.  Now I understand.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi
66 Trade Wind, no plasticote on either