[VAC] LaDeau Vent closers- removal for service

Hey there VACers-

As I get down to the business of getting our new 59 Safari ready for the
summer, the replacement of the plywood cover over the front 14X 26 vent
becomes job one.  I got one of the new covers from Inland RV and am
plannning it's replacment this weekend.  The challenge is this--- The LaDeau
closers are OK and still have pieces of the old cover riveted to them.  I
would remove them and drill out the old but I can't seem to figure out how
to detach them from the mounting so I can work with them.  Anybody know how
to remove them (an reinstall!) them from the mounts without destruction? I
am trying to keep the trailer as original and I understand that replacements
are not available if I get carried away.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Don and Nancy Hole
Des Moines, Iowa
59 Safari
WBCCI #1067