Re: [VAC] windows on the 1956

I've ordered the rubber window glazing from Hehr and neither I nor a
professial auto glass installer were able to get it to fit the widows in my
'61 Bambi. An RV repair shop I sometimes use has now ordered a sample of the
009-311 and they are not able to get it to fit. Evidently, Carmen told them
the glazing has to be cut to work and then it is gluded onto the surface of
the glass and the glass gluded into the window frame. The glazing then only
serves as a cosmetic cover and will not hold the glass in or improve the seal.
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? Or is this the only solution.
My repair shop was reluctant to remove the original glass and old glazing if
the repair was not done correctly.
Jim
'61 Bambi