Re: [VAC] SHORE POWER

You will need a dedicated circuit from your household supply.  If your
Argosy has its original wiring, you will likely need a 30 AMP circuit with
a special 30 AMP weatherproof outlet installed a reasonable distance from
your Airstream.  I hired a professional electrician to install mine as I
wanted to insure its safety and code compliance.  Purchased the outlet from
a nearby Brand X RV dealer as well as the weatherproof box for its
installation.  Please do not try to run your air conditioner unit using
less than the required 30 amp supply with adequate cabling - - I tried
running mine on a 15 AMP circuit with a properly rated 15' RV extension
cord and burned out my compressor necessitating a new air conditioner unit
as replacement parts are impossible to locate in my area for the Armstrong
Air Conditioner.

Good luck with your wiring dilemma.

Kevin Allen
Livingston, Wisconsin
1964 Airstream Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
WBCCI/VAC#6359