[VAC] Solar panel placement

The solar panels arrived from RV Solar Electric a couple of weeks ago (I
learned about them on this list...thanks). The snows have melted away here
in Montana, and it's time to mount these on the roof of the '72 Tradewind.
I got the optional "bigfoot" mounting pads, but since the directions are
aimed at the average RV owner, I'm looking for ideas on the best way to get
these panels on the roof and keep them there.

As I understand it, there is an inner and outer skin on the Airstream, and
no rafters or metal framing available as such in which to sink screws. A
method of glueing using "Liquid Nails" and the bigfoot mounting pads was
mentioned in the directions, but this method was followed by a warning to
"do this at your own risk." I'm not in a very risky mood when it comes to
securing these panels to the roof.

I know from previous posts that a number of you are out there enjoying
solar power. Can you share how you attached your panels? Would something
like Olympic rivets through these mounting pads work if used with mastic
sealer or some type of silicone to avoid leaks?

I'm sure someone on the list has come up with an excellent solution for
mounting these panels.

Gary MacFadden
'72 Tradewind (currently powerless)