Re: [VAC] Backing the trailer

Hi Don and Barb,

You wrote, "Sharp turns can cause another problem.
We popped the pin holding the LP tanks while turning
sharply.  Luckily we heard it snap."

This can also occur when the spin nut is tightened
too tightly. The first time that occurred with us,
it took half a day to find a store with the correct
size shear pins. Now, we carry several of them.

Our WBCCI National Caravan Leader, Cal Rudd created
a simple and cheap safety kit for LP tanks that can
be installed with simple tools. By using it, the LP
bottles can't fall off even if the shear pin breaks
after a tight turn where you didn't hear the pin snap.

You might want to email Cal and inquire about it at:
callrudd@dreamscape.com

Details, details, details,
Terry