Re: [VAC] Interpreting Serial Numbers

Hi Alex,

In a recent note, you mentioned the windows in
your Safari being hinged from the top with no
frame around glazing. Yes, to your question:
Are there horror stories?

First things first. Figure out a system of alerting
passerbys when your windows are open. We use
squeeze clips with ribbon dangling from them
and attach one to each end of each window.

We've seen oodles of variations, but that should
start the ball rolling.

Second, really make an effort not to bump your
head (ever so slightly) against the glass when the
window is open. I did, the glass didn't break but
the inside mechanism did. Trying to replace that
(fixing wasn't an option) took forever. In the
meantime, I scavengered the mechanism from
the window by the door (it's too close to the
door to be left open safely).

Terry
'67 22' Safari