[VAC] re: How to clean vegetable oil spilled on plywood?

Another similar idea, inspired by the message below which I ran across while
cleaning out old email.

You could rout, chisel, sand, and/or scrape out the stain to a very shallow
depth, just enough to get to clean wood, and fill in the resulting cavity
with the leveling compound that Jim mentions, and which has subsequently
been discussed here at more length.  You wouldn't even have to worry about
keeping the bottom flat,  just gouge it out and fill it in.  I believe the
filler is available from  marine stores.   Or you could make your own filler
from epoxy resin and clean sawdust.   If the stain doesn't go too deep, this
would be easier than making a cutout for a plywood insert.   If it *is* very
deep, on to Plan B...

Don