Re: [VAC] 1978 Excella 31 ft.

I had my 27 foot Overlander weighed at a state truck weighing station and it
registered 5250# with a nominal load. ie: 1/4 tank fresh water, no gray/black
water, some clothing, tools stuff in fridge, etc.  Later at the Sarasota
rally, a lady from "Aweigh-We-Go" said that type of weighing is not as
accurate as they do-one wheel at a time.

One of the weights that was a bit puzzling to me was that the weight for the
front axel of the tow vehicle-a 2000 Ford Expedition-was ~2450# and the rear
axel was ~4400#.  If that was correct, my weight distribution hitch-a Reese
Dual-Cam- was not set correctly.  However, I later learned that the
weight-distribution hitches will cause unrealistic weights to be displayed on
a scale.  So, I suppose, the best way to get a tow vehicle weighed is to do
it without being hitched to a trailer and the same for the trailer.