RE: [VAC] old camper smell

Scott and Krissy,
When you say "thorough cleaning" do you mean that you have removed all
drawers, bed platform tops and anything else not riveted down and scrubbed
for all your worth?  I found so much stinky gunk under the drawers and on
the wheel wells.  Also, remember that 31 years of livin' on the road does
not necessarily make for a good smelling unit, just the accumulated dust in
the frame, etc. is enough to choke you. I found an unbelievable amount of
icky stuff under the stove, on top of and under the fridge body, and
especially under the water tank.  I also got a cleaner made for RV holding
tanks, filled the tank with water and cleaner, and let it set for a hot day.
When I hosed it out, WHEW! what a difference a day makes. If you have any
rot in your subfloor, that has a musty odor too.  There are just so many
little crannies for stink to hide in these little trailers! And, if you can,
keep a window  or vent cracked to let the stink out, and get a little
Dry-z-air dehumidifier (6.00 at camping world)while you are at it. Nobody's
AS could have smelled worse than ours did, and now all that's left is a
little old-trailer mustiness that goes away when you open the windows.

Mike and Leslie
'62 Tradewind (will never smell like a rose)