Re: [VAC]Advice needed: Vinyl Interiors from the 60's

Hello Folks -

Alex here with a question about the vinyl interiors found in 60's
landyatchs. Mine seems permanently stained possibly from adhesive
leaching through the white textured vinyl. No cleaner even lightens the
light yellowed smears. I have come to the conclusion it's got to go. It
was previously painted with ghastly results. I'd sooner replace than
paint.

What have other done to replace/repair this interior? Does this material
come on aluminum sheets already? and can it, or something like it, be
had today? What are some treatments/solutions/materials other have done
or employed?

Originality is nice, but right now I'd settle for a pragmatic solution!
It's my next step in restoration and the only thing I am unsure about--
hence anxiety! Thanks in advance for the sage advise that's sure to
come.

Alex Kensington
66 Safari