Re: [VAC] battery hazard

In a message dated 03/11/2000 6:52:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jdunmyer@toltbbs.com writes:

<< I've seen a motorhome burning to the frame along I-75 about 20 years
 ago, it was quite a sight and had traffic backed up for miles. MHs are
 much more likely to have such problems due to having gasoline on board
 and more-complex electrical systems than TTs.  >>

It was a travel trailer......

<< The
battery must be secured so it can't jump out of its tray or tip over.
Mine wasn't when I took delivery, and the battery wasn't in place like
it should have been, just on the trip home; one of my first jobs was to
make a proper hold-down. And all wiring must be secured with cable
clamps, Ty-Raps (tm), or whatever so it can't chafe and short out.>

Gulp. mine aren't.

Hunter