Re: [VAC] battery hazard

Hunter,
 Get your batteries secured! If they're in the rear, they'll jump around
something awful when you hit a bump. Besides being dangerous, it
shortens the life of the batteries.

If your batteries are in the front, as they are on many A/Ss, they'll
ride much better, but they still should be fastened down.

I won't disagree with the theoretical danger of explosion due to
hydrogen gas, but a short circuit that causes a fire is a much larger
actual danger, IMO. Of course, that short circuit could touch off the
hydrogen also.

Hint: A simple bungee cord or tarp strap is NOT enough to hold a heavy
battery. A nylon strap with a secure takeup might be, but I prefer steel
rods and a steel hold-down. Installed in such a manner to preclude
shorting to the posts, of course.

                                  <<Jim>>