Re: [VAC] battery hazard

Jim:

         My '95 AS (and, I expect, Hunter's) has battery compartments in
the front, one on each side, that open to the outside.  The batteries just
barely fit in there (group 27); so, there's little to no room for any
hold-downs, even if you could get inside the compartment boxes to install
them.  My '72 has a battery compartment on the rt. rear side,  also opening
to the outside, and there's no extra room there, either.
         Is it possible that AS meant the tight compartments to serve as
hold-downs?

- Dick
(5368)