Re: [VAC] Breakaway switch

Greetings RJ and Krista!

The steel pin remains in the breakaway switch - - it is the cable or chain that
is attached to a sturdy point on the tow vehicle.  The latest discussions
indicate that the cable/chain should be attached to one of the bumper mounting
brackets on the tow vehicle or possibly to a bracket fabricated for the purpose
that is attached to the tow vehicle's frame or bumper mount.  I use what I
believe the farm store  called a "mini clevis pin" attach the breakaway switch
cable to a bumper support bracket on my Suburban - - or maybe I should say that I
will in the future as in the past I always used the brackets that are a part of
my hitch for this purpose.

Kevin Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban