[VAC] A Weighty Matter

I'm installing a solar power system in our 1973 Tradewind. I've seen
several positive posts on this list concerning using pairs of 6-volt golf
cart batteries for storage; I'll probably go with either two or four
batteries (I'm still figuring our amp-hour needs). Obviously, I won't be
putting these batteries in the single-battery compartment on the Tradewind.
I've been eyeing the rear bath closet, where the ol' humming Univolt is
currently mounted. Wiring would certainly be easier if I kept everything in
one place once the Univolt is removed.

However, with all the stories I've heard of "tail droop," I'm a little
nervous about putting two or four 60-pound batteries at the very back end
of the trailer. I don't have a black-water tank, and I will be removing the
current coach 12-volt battery and the Univolt, but I estimate that I'm
still adding a good 100-200 pounds net weight depending upon whether I go
with a set of two or four batteries.

Has anyone had experience with mounting batteries or other heavy items in
this location on a Tradewind or similar Airstream model? I'd appreciate any
imput.