Re: [VAC] Dry Ice

Larry, I have been hoping that some of our better informed (technically, chemically, or whatever) would take a crack at this one, but since they have not, perhaps I can start a thread.  I can remember when auto air conditioning was rare, only for the wealthy.  Anyway, when I was a teen ager, an older gentleman in my home town (NC) took his wife on an extended trip to the Southwest, for her health.  He said the heat in the car on one leg of the trip was too much for her and he sought some local advice.  The suggestion was to cover the floorboard with dry ice, then several layers of newspaper,  it was important to leave the car windows cracked.  He said it kept the car cool and they continued the trip in comfort.  Ned Digh