Re: [VAC] Dry Ice

Ned,

Thanks for answering.  I appreciate your interesting information.

From, the sound of it though, I'm guessing the Dry Ice Air Conditioning "installed" in Airstreams was some kind of a mechanical device.  This is my wild guess:  You put the dry ice in some sort of chamber and as the CO2 escapes, it goes through an expansion valve, and then heat exchanger, and then exhausts to the outside of the trailer.  That way you could get some reasonable cooling using very little electricity, just enough to run the heat exchanger fan.

It would be nice if someone who has actually seen such a thing could enlighten me.

Thanks again.

Larry Hall