Re: [VAC] Dry Ice Air Conditioning

I come from the same generation and remember going from Michigan to CA for the
World's Fair in SF  and my father bought one since co much of the country was
HOT.
They held water and had a rotating cylinder filled with like wood shavings and
you pulled the string every few minutes to rotate it thru the water and then the
air coming in the
front would blow cool in the car....it was a constant pulling of the string
every couple of minutes and then adding more water.   Heard about the dry ice
bit when we were in AZ
one early summer at the motel we stopped at the owner brought like a kitty
litter pan with dry ice  and a electric fan to try and keep us comfortable .
Pearl Main