[VAC] aluminum stripper?

Dan,

You'd have to chemically strip it, which shouldn't be a problem, though I'd check to use a stripper that's safe with aluminum. > But my sister works in maintenance for airlines, and they strip painted aluminum aircraft all the time, so it can be done.

I have been using the aircraft stripper from the Eastwood Company
(http://www.eastwoodcompany.com) but have found that this stripper is
not strong enough to remove baked on or powder coated paint.  I have
also used paint stripper products from Ace Hardware and similarly did
not experience the necessary results.  Will you please find out what
your sister recommends?

I might note that I have had  success with using my bench polisher and a
harsh compound (emery compound with a sisal buffing wheel) to remove the
paint without causing significant scratches or marks but this job is
extremely tedious and time consuming as well as expensive in terms of
the amount of compound and wheels.  Typically this compund and wheel
should only be used for hard metals so I would much prefer finding a
better chemical stripper.

Thanx,

Tom Howarth