Re: [VAC] Can't Get the Refrigerator To Run On Gas

Hi Ed,

From your description, it sounds to me like you have voltage and
fuel, at least at the beginning of the process. I would check the
thermocouple to see if the sensing end is up in the flame. If
not, it would not hold the gas valve open and cause it to behave
the way you describe. If not that, check the burner and the
orifice to make sure that's all clear of small debris.

Seems to me that if your DC voltage is opening the gas valve and
igniting the lighter, it would not be low.  You might check and
clean all of the electrical connections, if you didn't do so
during the change over. Down here on the Gulf Coast, when the
frig doesn't light, its almost always the electrical connections
building up corrosion.

THe experts will all be back from the weekend after while and
help you pinpoint the problem.

Please keep us posted,

Ebert Steele