[VAC] VAC Website Members Area

Tom, Fred and all,

As many folks are aware, the VAC has purchased the Airstream.net web
site from its creator Ewan McDonell during this past year.  One of the
motivations of this purchase has been to form a VAC Members Area where
among other links there will be all the past newsletters and all the
contents of the VAC library.  This library currently includes many of
the original sales brochures and owners manuals as well as many rare
photographs from past Wally caravans and other promotional and technical
materials.  All this material has been contributed from VAC members.
Some of the material is original but much of it is photocopies.

The implementation of this Members Area has been delayed as the VAC Web
Master (our very own Kevin Allen) determines the preferred software and
methods for implementing such a system.  It was anticipated that once a
system was implemented that then the VAC will ask members to volunteer
to scan in selected materials and then send them into Kevin to put up
onto the web site.

Perhaps as the VAC continues to pursue a method for forming this Members
Area we can collectively begin scanning in materials and sending them
into Kevin for implementation into an open link on the current web site.
 Hopefully Kevin can direct us to the preferred format for submitting
the contributions.

The thinking behind having the Members Area on the VAC web site is to
offer the folks who are underwriting the web site (and hence the
discussion lists) through their VAC annual $10 membership dues, an
additional benefit for being a VAC member.

It would be nice to hear from our listees about this concept and perhaps
chime in with some opinions of this direction and other directions that
our web site might want to head.

Tom Howarth
VAC Media Coordinator for the Web Site and Newsletter