Re: [VAC] Awning

Hi Peter and Peggy,

We know a vintage owner who has awnings on both sides and the back of
his Airstream (smaller than a Caravel). He scavengered them from a wrecked
34' Airstream. All match and when unfurled, all look like they belong on
his rig. We caravaned with his trailer (on loan to Aussies at the time)
through Ohio last year and admired the way it looked. A side benefit to
contacting him will be his answer to which awning arms he used.

The owners are Bert and Dottie Kalet. Their email address is dkalet@juno.com
and please feel free to tell them I referred you. They are long time friends and
also members of the Airstream Full Timers Club. They are also Chairmen of the
Airstream Angels, a group of WBCCI full timers trying to establish a nationwide
organization of volunteers to provide assistance during times of national disasters.

Good luck,
Terry
1963 22' Flying Cloud (no awnings)
1967 22' Safari (curb side awning only)
1977 31' Excella 500 (curbside, streetside and rear awnings)
1986 32' Excella (curbside, streetside, rear and tire awnings)

Sandie & Terry Tyler
112 Rainbow Drive #1209
Livingston, Texas 77399-1012
Tylerbears@airstream.net